Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wet n' Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color

Hey Everyone!

I should've called this blog "A Thousand Shades of Lipstick", because I am doing a first impression on another lip product.  Just so you know, I still have a lot of lip products in line to review. 

This product caught my attention a few days ago while I was browsing online make-up stores. You know how much I love the MegaLast Lipstick so knowing that it is from the same collection, I had a really high expectation on this product. I was really excited because this product claims to have a super stay power. That is certainly true, but I was more disappointed than pleased. It does have a very creamy consistency but it dries with a matte finish. Don't get me wrong, I love matte lipsticks but this product feels really tight on the lips when it has set and it cracks like crazy! 

Wet n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Lip Color
Shade: Pocketful of Roses
Pocketful of Roses is a deep rose color with fine shimmers
ACCORDING TO WET N' WILD:
Intense liquid color with built-in moisturiser provides one-step application for weightless, ultra-conditioning wear that lasts up to 8 hours. ElastiSilk™formula combines flexible colour adhesion with silky-smooth pigments for transfer-proof, even application. Paraben-free formula conditions and moisturizes with vitamin E that helps promote anti-aging, protects the skin's moisture barrier, and balances the lip's natural hydration for a healthy-looking, plump pout all day.
  • Lasts up to 8 hours
Size: 0.23fl.oz./6.8mL



ACCORDING TO ME:
PROS:
  • Staying power is really good
  • Very affordable 
  • Very pigmented even with just one layer
  • Super budge-proof
  • Wide variety of shades to choose from
  • I like the dual sided flat sponge applicator- it works really well

CONS:
  • This is by far the weirdest lip product formula. I don't know what Wet n' Wild was trying to achieve here. It's just weird
  • It has a funky scent to it
  • Feels very tight when it sets on the lips
  • Very hard to remove even with make-up remover
  • Emphasizes the lines and dryness of my lips
  • It is not locally available
  • I don't know if this just me but whenever I press my lips together, the product starts to crack and flake. 
OVERALL:
As you can see, this product has more cons than pros. Although, I really like the shade. I think it's a perfect everyday shade. But I don't think this product is worth the hype at all. I give this product a C.

TIPS:
  • Moisturize your lips by applying a lip balm prior to application
  • Exfoliate lips for a smoother application
  • Apply just a thin layer so it won't feel like a sticky gunk on your lips
  • Avoid pressing your lips together too much
WILL I REPURCHASE?
No. I don't think this product works for me.

WHERE TO BUY AND HOW MUCH?
I bought mine at Digital Traincase inside Hip Culture, Powerplant Mall
Available at selected online shops
Php 280.00

Pocketful of Roses swatch
(one swipe)
Have you tried any of the Wet n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Lip Color? 
Do you have any suggestions on what product I should review next? 
Leave a comment below! 

♡Erbil




No comments:

Post a Comment