Sunday, August 25, 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick

Hey everyone!

A girl can never have too many lipsticks! And for me, I can never have too many lipsticks to review! Being a self proclaimed lipstick addict, I want to own all lipstick shades out there. Even the weird-halloween-type of shades.

I don't know what has gotten into me but I recently noticed that most of my Revlon Colorburst lipstick shades are shades I wouldn't really wear everyday. Shades that I wouldn't really buy if I was thinking straight. I guess this is the result of impulse buying. Whenever I see a good deal, like a cheap makeup product, even though I don't need it, I buy it because it's cheap. So, to girls out there who are still starting with your makeup collection, learn from me. If you really don't need it, don't buy it. Because I swear, you will not wear it and the product will just sit at the back of your drawer collecting dust. 

I'm not saying I don't like the product, in fact, I do. I love the formulation of the product. That's is what lead me to writing this post and realizing that I don't have any shade that I could wear on a daily basis. The colors are not at all bad. They're nice but they're just not me. 


L-R: Carnation, Mauve, Plumberry, Sienna, Raspberry, and Plum


ACCORDING TO REVLON:
  • Instant burst of rich, true colour with a featherlight feel
  • Elasticolor™technology provides immediate color release and hugs lips with a burst of weightless color that feels like a second skin
  • Available in 20 gorgeous shades

ACCORDING TO ME:
PROS:
  • Light, hydrating formula that feels light on the lips
  • Sturdy, classy and simple packaging with color-coded ends 
  • Good pigmentation on darker shades
  • Coverage can be built up without looking too thick
  • Not very expensive since I got some of mine at bazaars
  • Wide variety of shades to choose from

CONS:
  • The lipstick bullet itself melts very easily
  • If applied too much, it can feel waxy and slippery (?)
  • Doesn't last that long. I say, around 1-2 hours

OVERALL:
This lipstick deserves all the hype it got. It is definitely worth buying (and hoarding). If you don't mind re-applying all throughout the day, then this product is for you!

WILL I REPURCHASE?
Yes, but I will probably choose the right shade for me ☺

WHERE TO BUY AND HOW MUCH?
Available at Revlon counters at all leading department stores nationwide.
Online stores and bazaars
I bought mostly mine at bazaars for Php 200-300.00
Swatch: CARNATION
*The bullet melted inside my bag. Only half of the bullet survived*
Swatch: MAUVE

Swatch: PLUMBERRY


Swatch: SIENNA
*The bullet melted inside my bag. Only half of the bullet survived*


Swatch: RASPBERRY


Swatch: PLUM

Have you tried any of the Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks?
Do you have any suggestions on what product/s I should review next?
Leave a comment below!



♡Erbil 









No comments:

Post a Comment